Water Problems

Water Works Operators are trained to respond to a variety of inquiries and emergencies 24 hours a day.

In the event of a loss of water pressure (or no water pressure) first check the Nixle advisories on the home page of the Wyoming website to determine if this problem has been reported and is being addressed. For more information or for reporting other problems, contact 513-821-8044 during normal business hours or 513-821-0037 after hours. Leave a message, if necessary, and calls will be returned. You may also contact the non-emergency police department number at 513-821-0141 after hours.

Most water main breaks are repaired within two hours of the Public Works repairmen arriving on site. The Water Works Department assists residents in locating and stopping leaks. They also provide such services as explaining water bills and helping to resolve complex water quality issues and regulations to residents.

See the Water Service Disruption Page and Boil Water Advisory Page for more information.

General guidelines on ways to lessen the risk of infection by microbes are available from the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 800-426-4791.

Sanitary Sewer

The sanitary sewer system is owned and operated by the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) of Greater Cincinnati. Wyoming only handles the billing for MSD. MSD establishes its own rates, which can be found on the Metropolitan Sewer Districts website. For sewer problems, call MSD at 513-352-4900.


Duke Energy is responsible for the gas and electric lines, as well as the streetlights. If you experience an electric outage, call Duke Energy at 513-421-9500. This number can be used to contact Duke about natural gas issues as well.

If your street light is out, please use this form: Report a Street Light Out to notify the Police Department of the outage. They will handle reporting the outage to Duke. If you would rather call in a report of a street light out, the Police Department’s non-emergency number is 513-821-0141.