Community Development Department
The mission of the Community Development Department is to promote the public health, safety, and welfare of the City’s residents. The Department strives to foster and ensure thriving living and working environments, and to help retain and enhance the quality of life of our citizens through effective planning and balanced economic development. These goals are embedded in the 2018 Master Plan (PDF), which is the primary tool to align land use, development, and public funding/resource decisions with the community’s vision.
The Community Development Department is responsible for the adoption and enforcement of the Planning and Zoning Code, Residential Building Code, and Property Maintenance Code.
A main function of the Department is the issuance of the necessary permits for the construction of new one, two, and three-family residential buildings, as well as additions, alterations, and other improvements to existing properties. Details of these and other typical functions includes:
- Reviewing plans and construction documents for zoning and building code compliance
- Issuing the necessary permits and approvals
- Inspecting the jobs in progress at critical points in the building process
- Conducting inspections of businesses, multi-family buildings, nursery schools, daycare facilities, schools, and religious institutions in the City
- Inspecting the public sidewalks to identify needed repairs and overseeing the repairs
- Inspecting properties to help ensure that they are being maintained in accordance with community standards
- For more information on the permitting process visit the Permit Forms & Other Documents Page.
- To check the zoning of a property visit the Zoning Page.
- For the Residential Building Inspections visit the Residential Building Inspections Page.
- Application for Building Permits & Zoning Certificates (PDF).
Megan Statt BlakeCommunity Development DirectorPhone: 513-821-7600
Tana BereCommunity Development SpecialistPhone: 513-679-4616
Cy WilsonCode Enforcement Officer
Don MercerBuilding InspectorPhone: 513-842-1398 (voice mail only)
Community Development DepartmentMailing Address
800 Oak Avenue
Wyoming, OH 45215-2720
Department Office Hours
8 am to 5 pm
Monday through Friday