Mayor’s Court Transfers and Appeals

Mayor’s Court does not have trials by jury. Any person wishing to have their case heard by a jury will have the case transferred to the Hamilton County Municipal Court (minor misdemeanor cases are not entitled to a jury trial).

Appeals Process
If you are found guilty in the Wyoming Mayor’s Court you have the right to appeal your case to the Hamilton County Municipal Court, pursuant to ORC section 1905.23.

Within ten days from the time the Magistrate renders judgment, the appellant shall file with the Mayor’s Court a written notice of appeal. All further proceedings in the Mayor’s Court shall be stayed from the time of filing the notice of appeal with the Mayor’s Court.

To arrange for a continuance you must contact the Wyoming Mayor’s Court, (513) 821-0141, prior to the court date listed on your citation. Only one continuance will be given without appearing in court. All subsequent continuances must be requested in court and granted by the Magistrate.