Paying Your Citation

Payment of Citation Without Court Appearance (Waiver)
Ohio law allows certain traffic citations to be resolved by a Traffic Violations Bureau instead of appearing in Court. You must pay the full amount; Ohio law does not allow partial payments on waivers. Failure to pay the citation or appear in court will result in a warrant being issued for your arrest, a block being place on your driver’s license, and possibly the suspension of your driver’s license.

If you are charged with an offense that does not require a court appearance, you may:

  1. Pay your citation in person at the Wyoming Mayor’s Court Violations Bureau which is located at 600 Grove Avenue, Wyoming, Ohio 45215.
  2. Send a check or money order to the above address made payable to: Wyoming Mayor’s Court.
  3. Pay by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover over the phone at (513) 821-0141 or in person at 600 Grove Avenue.

All citations must be paid by 4:00 p.m. on the court date listed on the citation. If you have not provided proof of insurance make sure to include it with your payment.

*Notice to Juvenile Traffic Offenders – You will be notified of your court date by mail by Hamilton County Juvenile Court. Once notified you will report to:

Traffic Department
Hamilton County Juvenile Court
800 Broadway, 1st Floor
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

If a Defendant fails to appear in court, or payout a citation if an appearance is not required, a warrant for his/her arrest will be issued by the Court. This document allows the Division of Police to pick up the Defendant and place him/her in jail pending a Court Arraignment Hearing or until the proper amount of bond has been posted. More Court costs are assessed as a result of this warrant.

Posting Bonds
Once the warrant is issued you will need to post a bond in order to receive a new court date. The bond amount is issued by the Magistrate. When a bond is posted, there is a $25.00 State of Ohio fee that will not be refunded unless the Defendant is found Not Guilty. If a bond is posted and the Defendant fails to appear in court the entire amount will be forfeited. If the bond is posted by the Defendant or by someone else but put in the Defendant’s name the money posted may be used towards any fine/costs that may be assessed.