When/if there is a water main break that causes part of the water system to depressurize, the City of Wyoming may issue a precautionary Boil Water Advisory to water customers located within the affected area(s) per EPA requirements. The Water Boiling advisory is issued using Wyoming’s notification system. Unless noted otherwise, the boil water advisory is precautionary because of the possibility of bacterial contamination. Below are the instructions residents may follow in a boil water advisory:

1. A Boil Water Advisory recommends customers in the impacted area(s) take the following precautions to ensure the purity of their water. Bring all water to a boil, let it boil vigorously for at least one minute, and let it cool before using, or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.

2. Customers should also follow these helpful tips when a boil water advisory is issued:

• Throw away any ice made during a Boil Water Advisory. Freezing does not kill bacteria.
• Adults and teens can use water for bathing, but should be careful not to swallow water.
• Wash clothes as you normally do.
• Only use your dishwasher if there is a high temperature cycle.
• After a Boil Water Advisory is lifted, flush house pipes, ice makers, hot water heaters, water softeners, and garden hoses, and change filters before using water for drinking and cooking.

Typically, boil water advisories last no more than 48 hours until Wyoming’s bacteria test results confirm the water is again safe to drink. Wyoming will post an all clear notice on the Wyoming website and other media outlets when the water has been determined to be safe (coliform negative).

General guidelines on ways to lessen the risk of infection by microbes are available from the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 800-426-4791.

Sanitary Sewer:
The sanitary sewer system is owned and operated by the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) of Greater Cincinnati. Wyoming only handles the billing for MSD. MSD establishes its own rates, which can be found on their website. For sewer problems, call MSD at 513-352-4900.

Duke Energy is responsible for the gas and electric lines, as well as the streetlights. If you experience an electric outage, call Duke Energy at 513-421-9500. This number can be used to contact Duke about natural gas issues as well.

If your street light is out, please use this form: Report a Street Light Out to notify the Police Department of the outage. They will handle reporting the outage to Duke. If you would rather call in a report of a street light out, the Police Department’s non-emergency number is 513-821-0141.