Bicycle Safety Rules
Please follow all of these safety tips to ensure safe travel. Remember, under Ohio law, a bicycle is a considered a vehicle. Like other vehicle drivers, cyclists have the right to be on the road, and the responsibility to follow all traffic laws.
- Obey all Traffic Laws. Always ride on the right side of the road –with traffic. Always stop for all red lights and stop signs. Wait in line with traffic; do not move ahead on the right.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Signal when you are going to turn or stop. Establish eye contact with motorists at intersections to ensure the driver sees you.
- Ride no more than two abreast and stay in the same lane of traffic.
- Look around! Be aware of opening car doors, cars in driveways, hidden driveways, potholes, gravel, etc. Warn other cyclists of these dangers.
- Make yourself visible. Wear bright clothes. If the light is dim turn on front and rear lights of your bike.
Click here to view a short video on cycling.
Click here to view a list of the Parks, Preserves, and Trails in Wyoming including a map of the Wyoming Hike/Bike Trail, and recommended walking and biking routes in Wyoming as well.