Community & Safety Programs
The Wyoming Fire and EMS Department is dedicated to being actively involved in community outreach and education. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) classes through the American Heart Association are taught by knowledgeable Wyoming emergency services members. Residents and those from surrounding communities can take advantage of these classes, and at the end of the three-hour course will be CPR and AED certified in adult, child, and infant CPR techniques. With the skills learned in this class citizens will be able to recognize when someone is in cardiac distress, enabling them intervention by administering CPR and/or using an AED while the paramedics and EMTs are in route. American Heart Association studies have shown that early intervention by citizens trained in both CPR and AED techniques greatly increases the chances of survival for a victim of a heart attack, drowning, or other traumatic injury.
Wyoming Fire and EMS conducts community education CPR/AED classes regularly.
2023 CPR Class Schedule
- Wednesday, September 13
- Monday, October 16
- Wednesday, November 15
- Wednesday, December 6
- All classes are held from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Location: Public Safety Facility
- Cost: $40 per student, cash or check made payable to the City of Wyoming
For more information, Email Fire Department or call Cy Wilson at 513-842-1411.
Wyoming Fire and EMS continues to provide a host of prevention and safety awareness activities for the community. The Department provides educational programs to local schools, preschools, houses of worship, and civic groups. These activities include:
- Monthly CPR/AED training for the public. Call Cy Wilson at 513-842-1411
- Fire Prevention awareness activities in all Wyoming schools
- Yearly Fire Drills and Education Programs for all Elementary, Middle, and High School students and local daycare centers. More than 3,500 children were taught the basics, beginning with
- “Stop, Drop and Roll”, 911, the need for working smoke alarms, exit drills, and the responsibility of babysitting
- Fire Prevention programs are scheduled directly with Wyoming Fire and EMS. Email Fire Department
- Check up with a Medic Program or download Medic Service Flyer (PDF) for more info
- Welcome Home Program or download Medic Service Flyer (PDF) to find out about it
In addition, Wyoming Fire and EMS maintains a presence at virtually every community event such as the May Fete, the Wyoming Art Show, the Fourth of July, the Fall Festival, the Pooch Parade, Wyoming home football games, Touch-A-Truck, and many more.